It was an idea whose time had come. In response to Scott Weiner's proposal that all of San Francisco's nudes had to place something under their rear when sitting in public, we published the official SFBG Butt Guardian in the paper last week (tagline "If you go bare, put 'er there"). Last weekend being on of the more naked ones of the year in San Francisco between the Folsom Street Fair and Sat/24's Castro Nude-In, we took hand-silkscreened versions of these beloved ass towels to the streets.
And the nudes loved them. And so did the Chronicle (despite its earlier ragefests against the nudes in question). And hell, so did the New York Times. Baxter the cat, even, seemed pleased with his brand new ass towel. By the time Saturday afternoon rolled around, Weiner himself was calling to reserve a towel of his own.
Missed the assouvenir wave? No worries, friend. Print out the pdf version here.
Most Commented On
- Ah yes, "gvernment infiltrators". LOL. - December 18, 2012
- Those stats tell you a lot about cultural differences between - December 18, 2012
- No staff at the schhol had a firearm. That was the problem. - December 18, 2012
- Eddie, every single sentence there is 100% false. - December 18, 2012
- Then you should move to Sweden. - December 18, 2012
- Fatcat, actually the worst thing about these rare incidents is - December 18, 2012
- Lucretin's speculation regarding others' sock-puppetry - December 18, 2012
- Amerigun: Nation of Gun Nutters - December 18, 2012
- Daniele, your previous position was pure hypocrisy because you - December 18, 2012
- Daniele made her bed when she supported a wife abuser and now - December 18, 2012