It was an idea whose time had come. In response to Scott Weiner's proposal that all of San Francisco's nudes had to place something under their rear when sitting in public, we published the official SFBG Butt Guardian in the paper last week (tagline "If you go bare, put 'er there"). Last weekend being on of the more naked ones of the year in San Francisco between the Folsom Street Fair and Sat/24's Castro Nude-In, we took hand-silkscreened versions of these beloved ass towels to the streets.
And the nudes loved them. And so did the Chronicle (despite its earlier ragefests against the nudes in question). And hell, so did the New York Times. Baxter the cat, even, seemed pleased with his brand new ass towel. By the time Saturday afternoon rolled around, Weiner himself was calling to reserve a towel of his own.
Missed the assouvenir wave? No worries, friend. Print out the pdf version here.
Most Commented On
- That's your rationale for wanting to mug the rich to - May 21, 2013
- Exactly and that is why public sector workers are losing support - May 21, 2013
- Healthcare Justice - May 21, 2013
- Protesting Too Loudly...? - May 21, 2013
- Hortenica, you're making the same logic error that Tim does. - May 21, 2013
- You missed the point - liberals are very bit as hypocritical. - May 21, 2013
- Even George H.W. Bush... - May 21, 2013
- Greed- pure and simple. - May 21, 2013
- The problem here of course is ObamaCare, which will put - May 21, 2013
- So? - May 21, 2013