Does anyone really think it's ok for the average CEO to make so much more money than the average worker that a person earning the median income in this country would have to work 244 years to earn what the median CEO earns in a year?
I mean, I think $3,072 an hour is pretty excessive pay for anyone, but let's give the conseratives their due: The person worked hard, and deserves to earn what the maket will pay him or her. If the typical worker in this country earned $500 an hour, that would be fine -- the person at the top ought to earn more than his or her employees (at least, that the capitalist way) -- but multiples of 244-1 are excessive an unstable.
Why not link CEO pay to the pay of the average worker? Why not say that no CEO can get more than 10 times (or even 20 times) what the lowest-paid person at that company makes? Nice incentive to pay your workers more.
Have at it, trolls.
Most Commented On
- Ah yes, "gvernment infiltrators". LOL. - December 18, 2012
- Those stats tell you a lot about cultural differences between - December 18, 2012
- No staff at the schhol had a firearm. That was the problem. - December 18, 2012
- Eddie, every single sentence there is 100% false. - December 18, 2012
- Then you should move to Sweden. - December 18, 2012
- Fatcat, actually the worst thing about these rare incidents is - December 18, 2012
- Lucretin's speculation regarding others' sock-puppetry - December 18, 2012
- Amerigun: Nation of Gun Nutters - December 18, 2012
- Daniele, your previous position was pure hypocrisy because you - December 18, 2012
- Daniele made her bed when she supported a wife abuser and now - December 18, 2012