Tessa Louise-Salame's ode to France's punk-rock filmmaker Mr. leos caraX (France), or simply Mr. X, traces his 30 year career while also showcasing Denis Lavant, who stars in all five of his feature films.
Carax seems to have affected more than a few around the world, most recently with his surreal romanticism in Holy Motors (2012).
This artful documentary will inspire you to head straight to your queue and add Mauvais Sang (1986),
Les Amants du Pont-Neuf (1991),
and Pola X (1999).
Most Commented On
- Ammiano and Leno seek to reform the Ellis Act and slow SF - July 30, 2014
- Burr I can feel the cold of summer - July 30, 2014
- C'mon, Peter, admit that the - July 30, 2014
- RXkuRYOfgqUTIRXxZQyN - July 30, 2014
- The mayor is simply marshalling the troops and - July 30, 2014
- It was always too precious and too ideological - July 30, 2014
- Yes, starve the beast - July 30, 2014
- It is more a political problem i.e. that the city will not let - July 30, 2014
- Good riddance to the 50 year - July 30, 2014
- Have we learned nothing from the past? - July 30, 2014