All photos by Eric Lynch.
Bears, bloggers and bands, oh my. Sunday indeed brought sun, by mid afternoon all the good shadows were occupied -- the lengths of tree shadows, behind garbage cans, and next to the churro stand. I arrived just as the largest crowd yet was dissipating from Santigold.
Schoolmarms, Real Estate did nothing to upset our expectations with their "variations on a single theme" set. Sweet and predictable, like watching old episodes of I Love Lucy to help you sleep -- you don't have to see what's going to happen, because you already know and everything's going to be OK.
The Weeknd captivated with a solid and lively performance. Good stuff.
The Hives were a trip for me. Three songs in the photo pit and I got pushed, trampled, and shoved so many times by photogs trying to get "the shot," I just kept thinking, "What is this guy, Kanye or something?" I mean c'mon. But Pelle Almqvist was this photographer's dream. Jumping over the first two pits, climbing on speakers, throwing his mike while doing jumps. These guys were 1920s street buskers with trampolines, and believe me, I was buying.
If Radiohead had their wall of recyclable plastic bottles, then French duo, Justice had their wall of Marshall '60s speakers-cum-light modulators. If there's that many knobs on the front of their set, what the hell is going on on the side? From wherever they conjure those sounds, this Justice-novice is glad the facade is not broken.
Most Commented On
- Ah yes, "gvernment infiltrators". LOL. - December 18, 2012
- Those stats tell you a lot about cultural differences between - December 18, 2012
- No staff at the schhol had a firearm. That was the problem. - December 18, 2012
- Eddie, every single sentence there is 100% false. - December 18, 2012
- Then you should move to Sweden. - December 18, 2012
- Fatcat, actually the worst thing about these rare incidents is - December 18, 2012
- Lucretin's speculation regarding others' sock-puppetry - December 18, 2012
- Amerigun: Nation of Gun Nutters - December 18, 2012
- Daniele, your previous position was pure hypocrisy because you - December 18, 2012
- Daniele made her bed when she supported a wife abuser and now - December 18, 2012