All photos by Eric Lynch
I guess the story of the first day was the weather. Everyone checking their iPhones for what time the rain would begin. And it eventually came, not SF rain, but a startling event none the less for Coachella.
Intermittent showers and sprinkles throughout the day (after 4:30 ish). Fans got creative using garbage bags or just ignored it altogether, in their hipster finery. By the end of the day there were shivering shirtless Coachella bros everywhere.
M83 was astounding. They were a definite crowd favorite.
I almost peed my pants leaning on the speakers in front of Amon Tobin ISAM.
There were a lot of crabby people for Mazzy Star (too quiet, no lights, plus rain equals crabby twenty somethings who have no idea really who Hope Sandoval is and seemed unwilling to give her a chance.)
While I think Pulp is old news, Jarvis Cocker really brought out the camp and strutted the stage like he meant it.
WU LYF: simple clean and unpretentious as one can be with an affected voice like that.
Girls are not very photogenic but the crowd was wild for them. The three background singers brought it up a notch.
Most Commented On
- Ah yes, "gvernment infiltrators". LOL. - December 18, 2012
- Those stats tell you a lot about cultural differences between - December 18, 2012
- No staff at the schhol had a firearm. That was the problem. - December 18, 2012
- Eddie, every single sentence there is 100% false. - December 18, 2012
- Then you should move to Sweden. - December 18, 2012
- Fatcat, actually the worst thing about these rare incidents is - December 18, 2012
- Lucretin's speculation regarding others' sock-puppetry - December 18, 2012
- Amerigun: Nation of Gun Nutters - December 18, 2012
- Daniele, your previous position was pure hypocrisy because you - December 18, 2012
- Daniele made her bed when she supported a wife abuser and now - December 18, 2012