TABLEHOPPING The firehose of new openings continues, and we have some good-looking spots for you to check out, stat.
Ten-hut! In the Presidio, there's a new restaurant called The Commissary (101 Montgomery St., on the Main Post of the Presidio, SF. www.thecommissarysf.com) from the Presidio Trust, Traci Des Jardins, and Bon Appétit Management Company. The 112-seat space is offering a Cal-Spanish menu (under culinary director Robbie Lewis and chef Reylon Agustin) — bring on the sardines, cured tuna with radishes and fennel pollen, salt cod fritters, and fennel and baby artichoke paella. Cocktails, check. It's a handsome space, simple and American (it's in a former mess hall that dates back to 1895) and the shaded front porch is where you'll want to be on a warm day; open now for lunch and dinner, with light breakfast and coffee coming June 2, and Sunday brunch June 8. At ease.
Marcia Gagliardi is the founder of the weekly tablehopper e-column; subscribe for more at www.tablehopper.com. Get her app: Tablehopper's Top Late-Night Eats. On Twitter: @tablehopper.
Most Commented On
- get cured - July 23, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 23, 2014
- Projections - July 23, 2014
- Re: "Guest, ie Neighborhood NIMBY" - July 23, 2014
- This is like listening to hate radio - July 23, 2014
- Wrong question. - July 23, 2014
- Why ask such a silly - July 23, 2014
- "That's two more than they - July 23, 2014
- I nominate Greg to fly to Israel on the next Hamas - July 23, 2014
- OIJzTWkDWum - July 23, 2014