Stylish clothier was the Readers' Choice in the Guardian Small Business Awards
Over the last few weeks, we've solicited input from visitors to SFBG.com about their favorite small businesses in San Francisco, and by far the leading vote-getter was Asmbly Man, a clothing boutique in the Fillmore District that was opened in 2011 by the husband and wife team of Ron and Tricia Benitez, who are veterans in the apparel industry.
We gave them our Best Fresh Prep award in our 2012 Best of the Bay issue, so rather than just hearing us again sang the praises of this cool spot to get some stylish duds from the best local designers, here are some of the reader comments that we received:
"They have the best selection of clothes, friendliest owners ever, and a great curation of local art."
"I love the lines they carry and appreciate all the local brands support. The owners are very nice and welcoming to the customers and community."
"I love the owners and their merchandise. They are extremely friendly with their customers. They are also supporters of local designers. The vibe is nothing but laid back with the cool ambiance and music."
And finally, a word from Tricia Benitez: "We really appreciate this honor and we love SF Bay Guardian for the support!"
We love you too, and all of the small businesses that help make San Francisco such a special place.
1850 Fillmore St, SF (415) 567-5953 www.asmblyhall.com
Most Commented On
- You keep making it about me - August 1, 2014
- Police radio dispatch from Alejandro Nieto shooting raises new - August 1, 2014
- Idora, so your stated preference is for censorship and the - August 1, 2014
- Wrong. Chrome, me and this guy are all different guys - August 1, 2014
- I see no retaliation here, even though the mayor is entitled to - August 1, 2014
- Stupid people annoy me. - August 1, 2014
- IjqQxWZakmdM - August 1, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - August 1, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 1, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - August 1, 2014