Local club legend Phatima Rude lights up the Underground Film Festival. Plus: Derrick Carter, Rone, Aeroplane, Kink, more parties
Smart, fantastical bass-laden soundscapes from this French producer with an excellent ear. (Check new EP Apache and his ace Electronic Beats on Air mix.) With Branchez.
Thu/10, 9pm, free with RSVP at www.1015.com. 1015 Folsom, SF.
When this Chicago afro-centric house master was booted off the decks by idiots in Miami a couple years ago, it pointed up the strange polarity of dance music today. Luckily Ferrer's deep beat goes on.
Fri/11, 9:30pm-late, $15–$20. Monarch, 101 Sixth St., SF. www.monarchsf.com
The celebrated Bulgarian sage of handmade acid grooves returns — towing crazy new machines, sing-along drum patterns, and balls-out beats, we're sure. With Matrixxman and Jason Kendig at the fast-growing Isis party.
Fri/11, 9:30-3:30pm, $10–$15. Public Works, 161 Erie, SF. www.publicsf.com
Last weekend was alive with music, celebrating the life of Frankie Knuckles. Beloved Chicago boogie-house wiz Derrick, one of Frankie's direct heirs, will bring even more of Frankie's spirit down. With UK '90s fetishist duo Bicep.
Sat/12, 9pm-5am, $15–$20. Mighty, 119 Utah, www.mighty119.com
Most Commented On
- Natural Areas and Playgrounds in SF - July 31, 2014
- Natural - July 31, 2014
- Do "nice young men" overdo gang signs? - July 31, 2014
- Paul, it's touching that you see Emma as weak and needing to be - July 31, 2014
- Wow guys - July 31, 2014
- I've been working for 25 years and I've never seen an - July 31, 2014
- IEFEMWGNLLl - July 31, 2014
- An artiface, a choice that - July 31, 2014
- How the great Dr Oduma helped me - July 31, 2014
- How the great Dr Oduma helped me phone +2347055413648 - July 31, 2014