Pack your overnight bag, we’re going to Napa! It’ll be fun, we promise
Ca' Momi's blazing pizza oven cranks out about 20 kinds of pizza, from a classic (and certified) margherita to the Momi, with porchetta, taleggio, and caramelized onion. If the carbonara with egg and pancetta isn't a perfect brunch pizza, I don't know what is. Plus there are nine kinds of vegetarian pies for those on a healthier tip. If you're in a lunchy mood, the pastas rock, like a northern Italian dish of spatzle allo speck with cream, or the decidedly Roman rigatoni con coda alla vaccinara (with oxtail, pinenuts, and soffrito). For dessert, get the bigné — cream puffs with a variety of fillings.
From there? Check out wine tasting rooms like Vintner's Collective, 1313 Main, and Carpe Diem. The Culinary Institute of America is offering new Napa wine education classes at the CIA Wine Studies Annex in the former Copia, listed on www.localwineevents.com. Oh yeah, and there are always the Napa Premium Outlets if you're in a shopping frame of mind. (Dangerous after wine tasting, btw).
Most Commented On
- qcXxxEfPWOYXcFI - April 18, 2014
- Yes, so where is your evidence coming from? - April 18, 2014
- One of the ways the left always justifies their bias is by - April 18, 2014
- Where to begin? "Even if it - April 18, 2014
- Yes, why don't they have just one weekly SF paper and - April 18, 2014
- If SFPD agree and the cameras can be turned off then I have - April 18, 2014
- Yes, when SFBG is reduced to arguing about which tech boss - April 18, 2014
- The great prophet that brought my ex back - April 18, 2014
- There are no eyewitnesses other than - April 18, 2014
- ""Bias" in favor of the facts - April 18, 2014