A look back at the new restaurants, bars, and bites of 2013
THANKS FOR NOT TAKING ALL MY MONEY
It's so good to have Guddu de Karahi back with us (and his tandoori fish), while the second location of Ramen Underground in Japantown means you can find a place to sit while you enjoy spicy miso ramen. The tortillas from the Burr-eatery truck, get 'em! And I'm digging the savory waffles at Linea Caffe.
WINE BAR 2.0
Fortunately we have moved past the lousy style and cheap wines at too many wine bars around the city — there are good bites and pours at the funky 20 Spot, excellent Italian wines from true wino pros at InoVino and La Nebbia, and some fab Frenchie picks at Aquitaine, including a duck Reuben at lunch.
HERE TODAY, GONE TOMORROW
Sorry to say farewell to all the cool Kiwis and their fresh ingredients at pop-up restaurant Waiheke Island Yacht Club, which played up its America's Cup connection.
FRESH ON THE SCENE
Looking forward to trying Verbena from Berkeley's Gather crew, getting smoky at TBD in SoMa, tucking into a Hunanese banquet dinner on at Leader House, and diving deeper into the menu at Daniel Patterson's Alta CA, where you gotta get the cracked wheat porridge with hen of the woods mushrooms. 2014, you're looking damn good.
Most Commented On
- One more detail. I stayed - March 8, 2014
- marcos, you have responded to his every post - March 8, 2014
- But it was my original post - March 8, 2014
- Siemens is a German company - March 8, 2014
- You keep responding to him, marcos - March 8, 2014
- California is already - March 8, 2014
- So that is why you keep respo - March 8, 2014
- When are you moving to Oakland then. Greg? - March 8, 2014
- Nobody cares about your weird theories either, marcos, - March 8, 2014
- I don't know about that - March 8, 2014