TABLEHOPPING: A standing ovation for Tosca's renovation, beer and terrines at Taps, stuffed Japanese sandwiches at Pan Grill.
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
Last week, while I was getting my hair did by Mister Anthony at Ginger Rubio in the Mission, I was lucky to nosh on some lunch items from the nearby and newly opened Green Heart Foods (3321 20th St., SF. www.greenheartfoods.com). This new health-conscious café totally rocks. The owner, Lisa Chatham, is cooking up some mighty tasty food. From the roasted tomato soup packed with basil to the kale salad in a tahini dressing with zaatar-roasted butternut squash, currants, red onion, and feta — oh hell yes — it's all delish. You can also come by for breakfast (granola, mango muffins, smoothies, and more) or pick up something for dinner too. It's the kind of food you wish you ate every day, so dang good for you, and damn good. Please open a location in the Western Addition, pllllllease!
Most Commented On
- People like Castro are permanently angry and bitter - December 7, 2013
- Lost the anger, Castro. It does not become someone who claims to - December 7, 2013
- Then you should ignore his posts instead of reading them - December 7, 2013
- Why do you care so much what others do with their - December 7, 2013
- Jeff, the real troll here is the pro-Marsh poster who is using a - December 7, 2013
- The Marsh could simply give their neighbors a schedule of - December 7, 2013
- The long rant referred to was certainly hateful - December 7, 2013
- I feel sure that there's a left-wing cliche that you missed - December 7, 2013
- hasn't anyone lived in homes that wished new neighbors be respec - December 7, 2013
- do not feed the troll - December 7, 2013