French Cassettes unspool sunny tales of "Gold Youth." Plus: Danish Renaissance woman Oh Land and new books by East Bay punk goofballs Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits
DEAL WITH THE DEVIL
Speaking of alleyways...Firstly, there are a few new things you should know about long-running "goofballs of the East Bay punk scene" Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children MacNuggits. The '95-born act has two new books out through Microcosm Publishing, a comic listen-along book (Meal Deal with the Devil) and a complete discography songbook (The Bobby Joe Ebola Songbook). Both are oddball hilarity at its finest. The Bobby Joe Ebola Songbook contains song lyrics and guitar chords — play along at home! — witty how-to band/life advice, tour anecdotes, and "other bizarre detritus." Secondly, the band is playing the annual Clarion Alley Block Party this weekend and that should be wall-to-muraled-wall fun. Support DIY punk and an important SF artist-community institution with a full day of live music. With Apogee Sound Club, CCR Headcleaner, Quite Polite, Devotionals, and more.
Sat/26, 11am-10pm, free. Clarion Alley at Mission Street, SF. Facebook: Clarion Alley Block Party.
Most Commented On
- So you have never been to old town or - December 9, 2013
- Tech companies: build worker housing near your campi - December 9, 2013
- Being a stupid transplant from LA-area originally... - December 9, 2013
- Are you high? - December 9, 2013
- Google tried - December 9, 2013
- Wait - what?! People should - December 9, 2013
- Apparently the protesters ran away when the cops arrived. - December 9, 2013
- So now you want laws about where people live? - December 9, 2013
- SFMTA are aware and are working on a solution so - December 9, 2013
- BS. They are spoiled children - December 9, 2013