Tu Lan returns, while pierogi appear in the Mission and Chocolate Lab sweetens up Dogpatch.
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
Mmmm, carrot cake. It's definitely one way to eat your vegetables. Out in the Dogpatch is Michael and Jacky Recchiuti's Chocolate Lab (801 22nd St., SF. www.chocolatelabsf.com), a stylish little café that is well-suited for lunch, or brunch, or an afternoon snack, or dinner for that matter. Yeah, it just works. And while Recchiuti is known for his local chocolate empire, the carrot cake is definitely worth checking out. It's not too sweet or dense, and for a twist, he adds a layer of milk chocolate mousse made with crème fraîche for a little tangy touch, plus there's a white chocolate frosting. Carrot cake for chocolate lovers!
Most Commented On
- That seriously angry troll - December 5, 2013
- Hot sexy events: transman awardwinners and vibrator art - December 5, 2013
- Time to enforce the law - December 5, 2013
- I've noticed that bike lanes are sometimes poorly-lit and - December 4, 2013
- In defense of being a d*ck - December 4, 2013
- Meth YES, Sewage disposal NO - December 4, 2013
- I see. Well, judging from the - December 4, 2013
- You can't eat art - December 4, 2013
- Because only tech workers - December 4, 2013
- You watch the 6 o'clock news? - December 4, 2013