TABLEHOPPING: Venetian seafood in the Castro, a boatful of brunch burgers, and all-you-can-eat jambalaya.
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
There are ham-and-cheese sandwiches, and then there's the tosta mista ($7.25) at Cafe St. Jorge (3438 Mission, SF. www.cafestjorge.com), a charming new café in Bernal. This Portuguese twist includes two kinds of Portuguese cheeses (queijo edam and ilha azul) and either black forest ham or applewood-smoked ham. It all melds together in cheesy bliss. But the brilliance lies in the spot-on toasting of the thick-cut sourdough bread (from Bakers of Paris) on the panino press, with the lightest brushing of butter. Hold me.
Most Commented On
- You can't eat art - December 4, 2013
- Because only tech workers - December 4, 2013
- You watch the 6 o'clock news? - December 4, 2013
- I never see lycra on a - December 4, 2013
- Is there a correlation between spending money - December 4, 2013
- P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N - December 4, 2013
- Yawn - December 4, 2013
- There Is No Car Lobby - December 4, 2013
- You seem to have a lot of anger towards those whose lifestyles - December 4, 2013
- I'm not confusing anything. - December 4, 2013