Tablehopping: Fresh Mission eats, three new happy hours, and where to get baked (goods, that is).
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
If you're a fan of butter, carbs, and French baked goods (oui!), then you'll want to get yourself to Le Marais Bakery (2066 Chestnut, SF. www.lemaraisbakery.com) in the Marina, stat. The options are a-plenty, from excellent croissants to pain au chocolate, but the Volcan (French for volcano, natch) is a strong choice for those who are more savory-inclined. The light and flaky layers of dark golden pastry artfully contain a creamy center — the lava! — of ricotta cheese, lardons made with Llano Seco pork, Parmesan, and ham There's also a vegetarian version. Boom.
Most Commented On
- "He?" How do you know the - December 7, 2013
- So when someone doesn't agree - December 7, 2013
- That interesting because I - December 6, 2013
- Asshole. - December 6, 2013
- Todo el mundo a la barricadas - December 6, 2013
- The Marsh - December 6, 2013
- "At the end of the day, all - December 6, 2013
- This isn't pro's and con's it's just "your" opinion. - December 6, 2013
- The Facts GPD - December 6, 2013
- Since when does an useless - December 6, 2013