Alexis Blair Penney celebrates the release of debut album 'Window,' and mourns a personal loss
Penney's looking forward to people hearing the record, especially since many crowds seem only to have heard his earlier single, "Lonely Sea" (2011). He says he's been heckled in the past while performing songs from the then-unreleased Window, but crowds perk up at the dancey notes of "Lonely Sea." "I don't really know who my audience is. Because it's not this trendy college audience that's like, only listening to gay hip-hop, but I do get really cool opportunities to play for more band-centric music crowds."
"[With Windows] I'm trying to bridge that gap as well because, on some level, these are experiences everyone can relate to. Everyone has lost someone," he notes. "It's weird because the album is about losing a boyfriend and a love, but now it's taken on this whole other dimension for me where it's about losing my best friend as well."
Most Commented On
- Why is it always an external - December 13, 2013
- You bought 32 Adair from - December 13, 2013
- Yeah, when the bike nuts say "hey, it works in Holland" - December 13, 2013
- Cocaine works as well, as - December 13, 2013
- It has worked. Take a look at your year-end 401K statement - December 13, 2013
- The point is that the demand for homeless services is infinite - December 13, 2013
- CM - December 13, 2013
- Amsterdam is flat - December 13, 2013
- Expanding the balance sheet - December 13, 2013
- Excellent point - December 13, 2013