Nightlife: Voices from the Lake, Chuck Hampton, Blaktroniks, Blow Up reunion, Nitin, more -- too many? Nah -- parties
SUPER EGO So much glitterbong unihorny tres magnifiqué this week — let's get into it:
Fabulous old-school Detroit houser (also known as Gay Marvine) hits up the Housepitality weekly, dropping some glamour on the kids with fellows P-Play and Synthetigers.
Wed/18, 9pm, $5–$10. Icon, 1192 Folsom, SF. www.housepitalitysf.com
Love the impeccably chosen tech-house sounds of this handsome longtime UK favorite. 2011 LP Traces showed he could really pull out the sexy. With Tyrel Williams at the Sound weekly.
Thu/19, 10pm-3am, $5–$10. Harlot, 46 Minna, SF. www.facebook.com/soundselections
Gearheads and stardancers, rejoice. Really lovely monthly showcase of live electronic music, Realtime at 222 Hyde, hosts this classic local neo-electrosoul duo who'll take you on a supranatural audial journey to within. With C. Faith.
Fri/20, 9pm, $5–$10. 222 Hyde, SF. www.222hyde.com
The As You Like It crew host this South African dub-techno hero, who reaches for timelessness but doesn't forget to take the dance floor with him. With Sassmouth vs. Mossmoss, Jason Kendig, and more. (Don't miss obligatory insane afterparty at 6am at 222 Hyde.)
Fri 20, 9pm-4am, $10–$20. Beatbox, 314 11th St., SF. www.ayli-sf.com
Gorgeously melodic cosmic disco(ish) cutie Basti Doering from Hamburg, aka Lovebirds, widens the vibe of Marques Wyatt's fantastic Deep monthly, currently hosting an "innovators" series that pairs classic vibes with cutting-edge styles for a super-diverse crowd.
Fri/20, 10pm-4am, $10–$20. Mighty, 119 Utah, SF. www.mighty119.com
Local trumpet prodigy Will Magid's World Wide Dance Parties parties are a global blast, and this Romani romp featuring legendary musician Rumen "Sali" Shopov and the Balkan Brass Band will be pure foot-stomping, body-whirling bliss.
Sat/21, 9pm, $15. Cafe Du Nord, 2174 Market, SF. www.tktwb.tw/balkantime
BLOW UP REUNITED
Three months can feel like forever when you're young and beautiful and partying hard — so yeah, it feels like forever since the wonderfully sophisticated-electro party Blow Up tickled our tailfeathers. Raise your glass, gorgeous, it's back! With DJ Wool of The Glass, Jeffrey Paradise, Ava Berlin, more.
Sat/21, 10pm-late, $10. Rickshaw Stop, 155 fell, SF. www.blowupsf.com
Dreamy Torontonian No.19 label founder will come packed with a slew of sophisticated new tech tracks to light your brain on fire at the huge Forward party. With Adnan Sharif, Galen, Star Kommand, more.
Most Commented On
- It's nice Jane Kim is concerned about the rights of the - December 12, 2013
- Was walking down Folsom at the stop light between - December 12, 2013
- 16 million new cars were sold in the US in 2013. - December 12, 2013
- It's all about Me. Me. Me. - December 12, 2013
- His point was that many commutes are in and out of SF and - December 12, 2013
- Yeah, I stroll along the Panhandle a lot and there is a massive - December 12, 2013
- Where in all that does it show cyclists paying in more than - December 12, 2013
- Absolutely, while many (or - December 12, 2013
- I passed on judgment on fault. I merely noted that he was not an - December 12, 2013
- "As anyone who has traveled - December 12, 2013